- We are a Judeo-Christian nation that was created by God to serve as a positive influence in the world.
- The Federal Government must protect the right-to-life of the unborn and the elderly.
- Marriage should only be allowed between one natural man and one natural woman.
- We must fight to ensure no law that interferes with our 2nd Amendment constitutional right to keep and bear arms shall be passed either by our Legislature or the Congress.
- Political Correctness is just another form of First Amendment Freedom of Speech suppression and we must not allow the liberal media to silence us.
- All people should be held accountable for their actions.
- Our borders must be secured.
- Amnesty should not be allowed for those in our country illegally.
- Illegal immigrants should return to their country of origin to apply for citizenship in America.
- Republican leaders in Congress must stand up to the Obama Administration.
- As Ronald Reagan said “The government is not the solution to our problems, it is the problem.”
- We are taxed too much and our nation is being strangled by too many regulations.
Tom Mechler was elected Chairman of the Republican Party of Texas (RPT) in March 2015 by the State Republican Executive Committee (SREC) to fulfill the unexpired term of Steve Munisteri. He has been politically involved for thirty years. He was previously appointed Treasurer of the RPT by his predecessor in September 2010, a position he held for nearly 4-1/2 years. He previously served as a county Republican Chairman for a combined period of twelve years at three different locations and served on the SREC representing District 28 from 2002 – 2006. He also served as the Platform Committee Chairman at the 2012 and 2014 State Conventions.
Governor Perry appointed Tom to the Texas Board of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) in November 2005 where he served for nearly nine years, the last five of which as the Vice-Chairman where he was 2nd in command of the state agency responsible for operating 109 prisons, including a $3.3 billion per year budget, 37,000 employees and 22,000 volunteers.
Tom’s business experience includes serving as President of Manna Services, Inc. which operates as a small oil & gas production company and is involved in providing consulting services to independent oil and gas producers in the Texas Panhandle. Tom has extensive experience in the negotiation and auditing of gas purchase contracts for the natural gas industry. He previously worked for ARCO for ten years, seven of which were in Alaska, where he and his family lived in Wasilla. His past assignments included duties as an offshore production foreman, facility engineer at Prudhoe Bay, Alaska, facility planner, and technical director.
Tom graduated Magna Cum Laude with a Bachelor’s of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering from Texas A&M University in 1980 and received a Masters of Business Administration (MBA) Finance degree in 1992 from The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, which is the top finance university in the world. He is a registered Mechanical Engineer as well as a Volunteer Prison Chaplain. He and his wife Becky currently reside on a ranch outside of Amarillo and have six adult children and fifteen grandchildren.
You can view a PDF of Tom’s resume here.